The gratitude comes from me! I am so grateful for my wonderful Room K students and parents. I am thrilled to announce another fully funded Donor's Choose project and look forward to the wonderful art supplies on the way for our children! Thank you!
We will have a special Art lesson this week to create the designs for the Original Works art projects! A big thank you to Jessica for designing the project and for both Jessica and Chua for being so flexible and helping the children create great art that you will absolutly love for wonderful holiday gifts. The projects will be coming home for you to look at and order later this week so look out for the green plastic envelope.
Something new: this week for Treasure Box, we spent time discussing the 3B's, appropriate behavior and had many reminders throughout the day. I prepared the children by telling them that at the end of the day, children who followed the 3B's all day would get to go to the Treasure Box. There were repeated reminders and at the end of the day, each child had an opportunity to decide if they thought they earned a treasure. We talked about speaking the truth and being brave enough to say "I will try harder next week." Some children needed to think a little, but all were able to speak honestly regarding their behavior. Those who demonstrated the 3B's earned a treasure, and for those who did not, we cheered for them for being brave enough to speak the truth. Some were a little sad, but learning to be honest and accept the consequences for behavior choices is an important part of growing up and of school. I am very proud of all of the students!
1. Our Speech & Language snack this week will be provided by Lisa O'Connor!
2. Sharing this week is for the Winnie-the-Pooh group.
3. Lunch costs $1.50. Some children have been bringing either $1.00 or much more than $1.00. Please make every effort to provide the correct change and in a Ziploc bag. This makes it much easier for the children to carry up the hill and not having change means they have nothing to keep track of or carry down the hill!
4. Please let your child color their own homework! Do not help them color! This is kindergarten homework for the kindergarten children. Kids are very honest, and happily tell us that their mom helped them color, or in some cases, colored all of the homework!
5. Please empty all folders/Book Buddies everyday! As we are checking in the Book Buddies, we find papers from weeks ago. All old classwork and homework can stay at home. Keep current homework in the folder. Take all school communication out and read it!