* utilize www.ABCMouse.com and www.starfall.com to allow the children to progress at their own
pace through a learning program that emphasizes letters, sounds, symbolic logic & recognition,
and reading skills
* using the Handwriting Without Tears program to learn the correct formation of all letters and
numbers (including workbooks, wood pieces, play dough, Stamp & See Screens, ABC Touch and
Flip Cards, Get Set for School Sing Along CD and Mat Man books).
* iPad applications that reinforce letter writing (I currently have 2 iPads)-during Free Choice
* Writing Center-available during Free Choice
* Reading games that focus on rhyming, letter recognition, letter sounds, beginning sounds, ending
sounds, word building, sight words
* an extensive classroom library for read alouds and individual reading, group and reading with
* periodic assessments using the ESGI software that I purchase for use in my classroom each year
If you have any questions about your child's progress, please feel free to schedule a conference at any time. A great start learning to read is indicative of a great start to a successful school career!
Here is a fantastic site with lots of information about reading: Reading Rockets.
This week we will continue our regular program including:
Science, our December Math Journal, Building a Healthy Me-Food Groups, Speech & Language, P.E., Outdoor Classroom, Let's Find Out Magazine, Library, Big Buddies, Yoga and practicing for our school Holiday Program.
This week Jessica (Timo's mom) will be teaching a special art project during our Art Trek time on Tuesday!
Speech & Language snack for the final /s/ sound-Rice Cakes & Juice, Giovanny Blanco (Franklin). Remember to return your child's Speech & Language homework each week! Thanks to those of you who turned it in for the /sn/ blend.
Have a wonderful weekend!